I’ve seen so many artists creating the large 12 x12 mixed media, dimensional “scrapbook” layouts and wanted so bad to give it a go. However, the large format was intimidating me. Then it dawned on me, as I was flipping through one of my 6 x 6 Prima paper collections, why not start small?
I backed the completed layout against a sheet of 6 x 6 corrugated cardstock to give it the extra weight it needed. After applying so many layers of gesso, ink, gel medium, etc, it just wouldn’t lay flat.
Since I didn’t do a step by step tutorial with photos, I will list the products I used. I’m amazed by how much went in to this little layout:
1. Prima Life Time 6 x 6 paper collection
2. Wendy Vecchi Crackled Texture Paste
3. Punchinella (as a stencil)
4. Inka Gold – Lava Red & Jade Green (LUV this stuff!)
5. Heidi Swapp Color Shine – Seafoam
6. Dylusions Spray – Calypso Teal ( see my earlier post regarding my “oopsie”)
7. Perfect Pearls Mist – Perfect Pearl
8. Gloss Gel Medium – Liquitex Basics
9. White Gesso ( can’t remember the brand right now but, I bought a gallon of the stuff on clearance at Hobby Lobby)
10. Tulip Beads in a Bottle – Aqua Marine Gemstone
12. Faber-Castell Pitt Big White Pen
13. Martha Stewart Paper Clay
14. Mod Podge Molds (for use with paper clay)
15. Tsukineko All Purpose Inks – white & black
16. Metal heart embellishment
17. “Friend” wood embellishment
18. Cricut Die Cut – Ornate Heart
WOW, that’s a lot of product! And I realize I could have added more.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun to create and I plan to make more. In the meantime, I am working on a leather cuff bracelet. Which, of course, I will post at a later date.
Right now, I gots to chill. Currently (Feb. 6th), I am 22 hours post-op foot surgery. *smile* *frown* *yawn* beep bop boop…